Beetroot Benefits For Skin: What Does Beetroot Really Do?
It seems everyone is talking about beetroots nowadays right? I mean, you can hardly have a conversation about skin care without “but have you tried beetroots?” And we’re like “I’m old, Felicia. Beetroots aren’t going to take my skin back in time”
So many people actually swear by it. They claim it works wonders for the skin leaving us like “Yes, but what exactly does it do?”. Everyone seems to have great things to say about it and even Linda who everyone knows bleaches returns the praise to beetroots. So what exactly does beetroot do for the skin? Let’s have a good look at beetroot benefits for skin; regardless your skin type or color.
Should you be using as an eternal youth elixir like Felicia suggested or is it a big blow out about nothing? Let’s find out.
What Do Beetroots Contain?
Beetroots contain folate and manganese. It also contains thiamine, pantothenic acid, magnesium, phosphorus, choline, zinc, copper and selenium, as well as antioxidants, alkali, betalain, potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin B6, folate, riboflavin, iron, and much more which is why it is capable of doing everything mentioned below. So without further ado, let’s get right into:
Benefits of Beetroots for Your Skin
- Beetroots combat acne and pimples. Beetroots have been proven to be a natural remedy to pimples and acne. If you have been trying skincare products upon skincare products, try going natural. Give beetroots a chance. Pimples are actually caused by oily skin. Beetroots contain nutrients to combat pimples. If you have a problem with acne or pimples, drinking beetroot juice on a daily basis and watch a difference take place.
- Beetroots prevent aging. While beetroots may not be the elixir to eternal youth, they can help you keep those pesky wrinkles at bay. (So it seems Felicia was not totally wrong after all) A glass of beetroots keeps your skin looking fresh, young, free of wrinkles and dark circles under your eyes.
- Beetroots give you a healthy skin with even skin color. Beetroots contain silica, vitamin C, as well as oxidants. For this reason, they are capable of evening up your skin tone and ridding your skin of blemishes simply because it is an expert detoxifier. Beetroots ensure you have a glowing and healthy looking skin.
- Beetroots are a solution to dry skin. Beetroot juice and even a beetroot face mask ensure that your skin is never left lacking if nutrients in order to have an elastic and healthy skin. With beetroots in your daily diet, you can have your summer skin all through winter!
- Beetroots give you a fairer skin. So it seems Linda was on to something. Beetroots can actually lighten your skin in a healthy manner. Consider throwing out your toxic bleaching cream and options for something healthier.
- Beetroots promotes blood circulation. Beetroots promotes blood circulation which keeps your skin and body at large in excellent condition. Consuming beetroots means you not only look good, but also feel good. Perhaps one of the most important beetroot benefits for skin? You tell!
- Beetroots give you pinker lips. Guys!!! Get in here. This is where you appreciate beetroot benefits for skin. Pink lips, yess!!! Beetroots posses the ability to put some color on your face. If you are a sucker for pink lips, beetroots has got you covered. Not only is it giving you your desired color, it’s also safe and natural. Most creams and balms that are meant to give pink lips contain a large amount of beetroots.
Before we round off this post, here’s a quick beetroot juice recipe checklist:
- Cut the green tops off
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water
- Slice the beetroots.
- Make use of a juicer or blender. (if you a using a blender, add a little water and strain afterwards)
If you’re making beetroot juice, remember that is best consumed immediately after preparation. If you’d like to preserve it, refrigerate it but not for more than two days. Also, remember, do not over do it. Take a maximum of two cups a day for best results.